BUDGET2020:Education and Skills
On Education and Skill front, the Finance Minister said Rs 99,300 crore is being allocated in 2020-21 and Rs 3000 crores for skill development
- New Education Policy to be announced soon.
- About 150 higher educational institutions will start apprenticeship embedded degree/diploma courses by March 2021
- National Police University and National Forensic Science University proposed for policing science, forensic science, and cyber-forensics.
- Up to 1-year internship to fresh engineers to be provided by Urban Local Bodies.
- Under its “Study in India” programme, an Ind-SAT is proposed to be held in Asian and African countries
- It is proposed that special bridge courses be designed by the Ministries of Health, Skill Development.